API Development Lead
The API Development Lead will provide engineering and architecture support for complex system management activities related to system software, hardware, performance, problem determination or resource management requiring communication and coordination with vendors, technicians, clients, and management. Provide technical input to management decision making in the areas of software, hardware, and performance.
Defines and maintains the entire SDLC of the API implementations, frameworks, and common libraries, acts as subject matter expert on the tools and platforms used by the development team, works with architecture to define development frameworks around common integration patterns, oversees the identification and development of common code libraries, such as error handling, translations, common header mapping and defines the overall support model for the platform.
Design and Methodology
- Work closely with business units, application teams, infrastructure areas and vendors to identity, review and evaluate the solution requirements.
- Investigate and propose strategic fits for virtualization, consolidation and rationalization solution opportunities within the infrastructure or business. Propose changes to the technical architecture and design solutions as applicable.
- Evaluate and align strategic fit solutions across infrastructure platforms and solutions specific to system hardware and software technologies.
- Understand, participate, review and influence long term capacity planning and technology investments.
- Provide Client consulting and planning guidance as applicable for moderate to large highly complex projects/programs.
- Provide consultation and works closely with other functional infrastructure areas/departments on multiple initiatives to meet common organizational / business goals and objectives.
- Participate in and provides consulting to project teams on architectural, design development, integration opportunities, planning of highly complex systems and assures it is aligned to our established strategies, guiding principles, rationales and practices.
Planning and Organizing
- Identify and evaluate projects/programs/initiatives and design processes that enhance and rationalize existing and upcoming solutions.
- Map requirements into standard services solution, identity opportunities for integrating to existing or reuse technology and provide cost effective solutions for moderate to large highly complex project/programs/initiatives.
- Review, identify and manage requirements for moderate to complex solutions and do a cost value, feasibility and risk analysis.
- Review, participate, develop and update architectural standards, guiding principles, rationales and strategies.
- Evaluate, review and approve highly complex design solutions for business and Infrastructure project or programs or initiatives.
Auburn Hills Operations Center8am to 5pm
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Science or Engineering or High School Diploma or GED and 12 years of technology experience
- 8 years of Technology experience
- 7 years in identifying technical solutions for complex business problems, identifying the benefits and risks of the solutions and providing recommendations
- 5 years of experience mentoring another technologist
- 4 years of experience with API Development teams, methodologies, and governance processes, and managing SOA platform technology stack health and growth
- 3 years of experience with the creation and/or management of API portfolio of services, and managing the consumption needs of internal and external customers
- This position is not eligible for sponsorship. Must have indefinite employment authorization
Comerica is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - veterans/individuals with disabilities, committed to workplace diversity.