Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Works closely with procurement and operations personnel by placing purchase orders against previously established contracts with consideration to quality, reliability, and urgency of need. Coordinates the review of various daily, weekly and monthly exception reports and troubleshoots issues that are identified in those reports or elsewhere. Follows up with suppliers regarding order status and obtains certification when orders are delivered. Performs administrative and general office duties, including maintenance of records and files. Resolves most questions and problems independently and refers more complex issues to higher levels, The position will be responsible for developing, maintaining and verifying inventory processing and reconciliation functions. These systems will ensure all inventory adjustment transactions affecting the inventory balances for the Imlay City facility are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Purchases assigned items at a price commensurate with market conditions, quality and service essential to insuring continuous business operations and the Company's goals. Monitors all purchases within their responsibility, assuring compliance with quantity, specifications, quality, delivery and price.
- Maintains and monitors all open contracts, expiration dates and balances.
- Facilitates turnaround of invoice resolution, damaged product claims, and discrepancy issues.
- Understands inbound and outbound freight and relative cost structure.
- Acts as a liaison between suppliers and other functional areas in the Company.
- Adheres to standard procedures for managing and properly filling out all required paperwork and completing timely changes.
- Serves as a resource to other employees.
- Responsible for dead stock resolution. Recommends a course of action for Department Manager for disposition options.
- Ensure all authorized inventory adjustment activity for Imlay City is valid, approved and processed in a timely manner to maintain up to date system inventory balances and audit trails. The adjustments include activity resulting from plant production, receipts, shipments, product damage, customer returns, sample sales, outside purchases, donations, salvage sales and physical inventory gains and losses.
- Coordinate the finished goods cycle counting program to ensure all product locations are counted and reconciled as required. Process approved cycle count adjustments in a timely manner to maintain accurate book inventory records.
- In accordance with company policy, maintain procedures to ensure 100% of product on hold at the Imlay City facility is controlled to prevent unauthorized release.
- As directed, communicate with corporate management to coordinate the identification and disposition of any potential overage finished product inventory (SLOB).
- Monitor and coordinate all CHEP pallet activity for the Imlay City facility and any assigned third party locations and ensure the activity is accurately transmitted to CHEP USA to update their records.
- In coordination with Corporate Customer Service, Inventory Deployment and warehouse operations coordinate the activity required for the shipment of customer and interplant finished goods orders. This includes accessing and processing system information for pick tickets and to insure adequate inventory availability. Communicate with the appropriate personnel the status of any customer service related issues.
- In coordination with corporate transportation and customer service, coordinate the appointments of tendered carriers in the LEAN system and with Imlay City warehouse operations to ensure customer and interplant shipments are picked up on time.
- Coordinate and process required documentation for export customer and interplant orders for finished goods.
- In accordance with company policy, coordinate and process any authorized request for finished goods product recall information from the Imlay City facility or third party distribution centers.
- By referencing system documentation, verify invoices received from the Davis Cartage distribution center for logistic services. Coordinate with appropriate management any questionable expenses or charges not supported by documentation.
- Maintain system and manual files to document inventory and operational activity. Calculate and document metrics reporting for warehouse operations as required by plant and corporate management.
- Coordinate the administration of processing system purchase orders in accordance with company policies for the purchase of warehouse pallets and operational supplies.
- Perform other related tasks or duties as required by Imlay City plant or warehouse management.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum one year work experience in manufacturing/warehouse position
- Able to work in self-directed team environment with minimum direct supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal, prioritization and customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail, organization and prioritization abilities required with limited direction.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple projects with routine interruptions.
- Ability to learn multiple systems (MS Office and SAP)
- Strong experience in MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) - required
- A/S 400 experience or similar enterprise business system experience - required
- Experience in WMS, or other warehouse based software programs - preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee will be exposed to a noisy environment that varies from hot to cold in temperature. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Conagra Brandsis an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
Conagra Brands, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.