DTE is one of the nation's largest diversified energy companies. Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer's homes and Michigan's progress for more than a century.And as Michigan's largest source of renewable energy, we're creating a cleaner, healthier environment to power our future. We're also serving communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states.
But we're more than a leading energy company... and working at DTE is more than just a job.At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you'll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences and values everyone's health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE.Together, we can achieve great things.
Testing Required: Not Applicable
As a state licensed professional surveyor provide superior customer service to internal and external customers, as to meet or exceed their needs and expectations and to build customer loyalty. Direct, plan, research, coordinate and take responsibility for self performed surveys and for the activity of the field crews which are conducting land, engineering, and legal surveys for the company, together with all other related professional tasks which may be required or requested.
- Coordinate, schedule and direct field crews by making recommendations and providing assistance to critical parts of requested surveys.
- Provide documents and counsel for the sale or purchase of real property.
- Provide survey, verifications, opinions and testimony for the acquisition of right-of-ways and assist in the solution of legal problems.
- Develop and provide engineering data for use by various groups in planning construction of generation, transmission, and distribution systems.
- Provide training to personnel and communicate to them developments and new techniques in the surveying profession.
- Other job duties as assigned
- Must have a Bachelor of Science degree in Surveying.
- Must have at least five years job-related experience.
- Land Surveyor registration with the State of Michigan is required (official documentation must be shown).
- Must have working knowledge of filing, internal customer service, photography, reprographics/micrographics, and communicartion skills.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of environmental services,land management, physical sciences, and electric and gas utility engineering. Additionally this job requires an expert knowledge of surveying.
- Must have a working knowledge of service planning and service restoration.
- Must have a working knowledge of building/land appraisal and records management. Additionally this job requires an advanced knowledge of real estate/rights of way and an expert knowledge of cartography.
- Must have a working knowledge of organization and management skills, project management, strategic planning, safety, staffing (interviewing/selection), and training, development and education.
- Must have an advanced knowledge of computer operations software (spreadsheets, graphics, database managers, etc.), technical illustration/computer aided design, timekeeping/pay practices, and word processing/typing.
- This job requires a working knowledge of corporate policy.
- Must have a working knowledge of electrical equipment and non-precision tools/instruments. This job requires an advanced knowledge of blueprints/drawings/schematics and construction. Finally, this job requires an expert knowledge of measuring devices, mechanical equipment, and precision tools/instruments.
At DTE Energy, we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and a sense of belonging. We seek individuals with a heart for service, a passion to help our communities prosper, and ideas to help shape the future of energy. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.