Effectively carry out the relationship management process by growing market share, broadening revenue mix, retaining customers and managing portfolios.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Implement an aggressive sales and marketing strategy to develop new and existing relationship, involves:
- Identify and develop prospects into significant new relationship with yearly goals for income production.
- Aggressive sales call plan which aligns with the established goals.
- Cross sell opportunities.
- Ensure bank reporting tool is utilized for reporting progress.
2. Provide exceptional customer service. Be responsive, knowledgeable and exceed customer expectations.
3. Continually monitor current loans and customer's credit profile to ensure complete conformity with terms, involves:
- Ensure current credit and financial information is obtained as needed and/or that collateral is adequate.
- Review financials with customers and provide advice as necessary.
- Direct accountability for loss prevention. Determine necessary action to be taken on all loans, includes resolving marginal and delinquent loans.
- Remain cognizant of developing trends.
4. Extend credit within assigned limits to commercial customers, includes:
- Interview applicants and obtain information concerning their business needs, abilities and earnings, and assess credit risk.
- Obtain and analyze pertinent financial data or appraise the adequacy of collateral pledged.
Education - Bachelor's degree in business or a related field.
Experience - Five (5) or more years of commercial banking experience.
Other - None
Credit Analyst experience
Completion of a respected Banking School
Bachelors of Business Management (required)
Five (5) or more years of commercial banking experience. (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
First Merchants Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participant (M/F/D/V).