At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
As a power delivery professional are you looking for a new "home" where your employer's values are aligned with yours? Are you interested in a company that is diverse and inclusive and takes extraordinary efforts to create high performance teams? Are you interested in a company that has a strong local presence supported by national experts in power generation and provides you with opportunities to work on transformational projects throughout the US? Are you interested in a firm that is a firm that is 100-percent employee owned with full transparency of financial results and a solid record of performance year-to-year? If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, HDR may be a new home for you.
The primary duties of the Substation Project Engineer include responsibility for knowledge and execution of the technical aspects and deliverables of projects assigned and is an experienced, competent engineer who generally understands and can complete all technical requirements of projects of basic to moderate complexity.
* Assigns tasks and provides guidance to junior team members, and coordinates QC reviews for work performed by junior level engineers and/or designers.
* Work with Senior Engineers and the Business Class Leader to identify and develop specific technical expertise and will attend training and seminars focused on further development and understanding of complex concepts related to their discipline.
* May also assist with developing technical papers and/or presentations that showcase HDR's technical capabilities at industry conferences or other events.
* Responsible for quality control reviews of projects from other teams on an as needed basis.
* Works independently and may direct, mentor, train, and/or supervise efforts of less-experienced EIT's and/or Designers.
* Perform all other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
* PE required
* 5+ years of experience in substation physical design or controls and relaying design is preferred.
* Specific experience performing aspects associated with substation design including One Line Diagrams General Arrangements Sections Grounding Conduit Plans Foundation Plans Material Lists Relay and Control Systems Control Schematics and Wiring Diagrams is required.
* Strong computer skills, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and electrical design software
* Previous experience with an architectural/engineering or engineering consulting firm desired
* An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
* Experience and/or interest in sustainable design/LEED desired but not required
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.