During a nine week period, you will work with subject matter experts in our Commercial Real Estate Property Tax Practice Area, and experience first-hand what it's like to be a Ryan Commercial Real Estate Property Tax Consultant.
*Work with nationally recognized REITs, Institutional Investors, Developers, etc.in varying industry segments including office, retail, multi-family, industrial, and hotel/resort.
*Exposure to local and national commercial real estate professional organizations.
*Attend property tours and inspections.
*Have daily access to the most sophisticated and up-to-date industry resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze financial statements, balance sheets, rent-rolls and market data for both income producing and non-income producing properties.
- Effectively utilize multiple approaches to value including cost, income, and sales comparison.
- Aid with administrative appeals process through site inspections, review of assessor records, and preparation of tax appraisal packages.
- Directly assist analysts, senior analysts and managers in client-service activities.
- Support business development efforts with market and industry research and database manipulation.
- Build an understanding of commercial real estate valuation methods and learn to communicate techniques effectively.
Education and Experience:
- Working toward a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Real Estate or Economics.
- Anticipated graduation date within one year of internship
- Minimum Overall and Major GPA of 3.0
- Minimum of 6 - 12 Accounting hours depending on practice
Professional Skills Requirements:
- Work effectively in a fast pace, high-energy environment.
- Strong problem solving, attention to detail, and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels.
- Intermediate knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, Outlook, and etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver's license required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability